Competitors & Chefs
The arts are essential to a rich and meaningful education, inviting critical thinking, self-expression, and personal growth while contributing to a community that respects the arts in all their manifestations. The culinary arts are no exception! We're very fortunate to have showcased some of Edmonton's finest Chefs, and we can't wait to continue collaborating with the best that Edmonton kitchens offer!
Whether you're a 3-star Michelin chef or have a secret family recipe, we want to hear from you! We welcome professional and amateur chefs that exemplify the spirit of Edmonton. Competitors who want to share their passion, food, and time to support an amazing cause. Sign up now to test your culinary skills!
Space is limited -- don't delay!
How do I sign up?
- Download and complete our Culinary Cook Off/Cookie Off 2023 Chef Registration.doc
- Submit the completed form to email@example.com
- Our Competitor Coordinator will contact you to complete your registration.
The 2023 Competitors
It was our absolute pleasure to host 12 competitors in 2023. These incredible bakers generously donated and sold their yummy cookie creations for our fundraiser and for judging! Their cookie sales raised $3,600! Learn more about these fantastic participants on our 2023 Chefs Gallery page.
- Chef Doreen Prei
- Kit Anderson - Home Baker
- Kate Holmlund - Home Baker
- Maria Bubalo - A Worthy Cookie
- Chef Lilli Thompson - Great North Cookie Co. **2023 Winner in all 4 categories**
- Joanne Landmark - Mama Jo's Kitchen *Returning competitor
- Theresa Yaremchuk - Home Baker *Returning competitor
- Chef Jesse Woodland - Central Social Hall *Returning competitor
- Chef Erica Box - Red Balloon Sweets Co. *2022 Judges' Choice Award Winner
- Chef Vikram Redgaonkar - Highlands Golf Club *2022 Kids' Choice Award Winner
- Chef Ashley Benson - Bloom Cookie Co. *2022 People’s Choice Award Winner
- Chef Shane Chartrand - Banff Hospitality Collective *2022 Most Creative Award Winner
The 2023 Judges & Student Judges
Tough-love judges Cindy Huynh (Cook with Chopsticks Blogger & Food Photographer), Tina Faiz (Co-author of Edmonton Cooks & former food columnist), Alan Kellogg (food reviewer for the Edmonton Journal & amateur chef), Phil Wilson a.k.a. Baconhound (food writer, radio columnist for CBC Edmonton, & head food judge for the Edmonton Heritage Festival), and Nigel Prosser (Co-Owner of Be-a-Bella Candy & Gifts) were on hand to award Judges' Choice, Kids' Choice, and Most Unique. The general public also cast their votes for the People's Choice award.
The 2023 Award Winner
Congratulations to Chef Lilli Thompson of the Great North Cookie Co. who won in all four award categories! Her cookie definitely had us wanting s'more!